Chapters 21-25

1 comment:

amywestman said...

Meagan,
May I just say that your writing is superb and your ideas are just perfectly genuine? Ha ha, I was just admiring it and thought I would start off by complimenting you.
Back on topic. Anyways, I totally agree with what you stated about Amir finding an odd sense of contentment in his fight with Assef. Despite the fact that he was losing brutally and very badly injured, he was laughing. I think that this was his way of finally standing up to Assef after all his years of being permanently (and deeply) scarred by his actions towards himself and mainly Hassan. Didn't you find it interesting how in the end, it ended up being Sohrab who saved him and beat Assef (is it one 'f' or two?? hmm) just like Hassan had done when they were younger. I think this was a significant element of the fight and it made me proud of Sohrab, but slightly dissapointed that Amir wasn't the one to rise up agaisnt the 'mighty Assef' in the end.
p.s. you chose the perfet word to explain the Kite Runner in your post and I applaud you (redemption) :)
loveu